$250,000 granted to 9 projects
Surrey Homelessness & Housing Society has selected its 2022 grant recipients, supporting initiatives that will reduce and prevent homelessness in Surrey. Funded projects and programs will focus on contributing to the longer-term housing needs of priority populations in Surrey.
A total of $250,000 was granted to 9 projects that will address SHHS’s Key Funding Priorities:
- Capital Initiatives: $193,200
- Innovative Projects: $15,000
- Capacity-Building Initiatives: $41,800
Congratulations to SHHS’s 2022 grant recipients!
- Atira Women’s Resource Society
- Fraser Region Aboriginal Friendship Centre Association – Affordable Housing Feasibility Study
- Fraser Region Aboriginal Friendship Centre Association – Indigenous Housing Sustainability Program
- Lookout Housing and Health Society
- New Hope Community Services Society
- SOS Children’s Village
- Surrey Urban Mission Society
- Surrey Vulnerable Women and Girls Working Group
- YWCA Metro Vancouver
SHHS’s vision is that everyone in Surrey has a home. Since its inception in 2007, SHHS has granted over $10 million to 150+ projects, supporting the development of Made-in-Surrey solutions — creating housing, programs, and partnerships that effectively respond to Surrey’s unique needs.