Urgent Response to COVID-19 Call for Applications
Due to the increased health risk to those who are experiencing homelessness during the COVID-19 pandemic, Surrey Homelessness & Housing Society will be providing funding to organizations for activities that manage the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19 and implement preventative measures to support this population.
There is no minimum or maximum funding amount required per application. All applications will be reviewed as per the key priorities, eligibility criteria and other requirements listed below.
- Call for Applications Open: Thursday, March 26, 2020
- Review Period: Ongoing
- Deadline: Open – please note there is no deadline for applications currently
- Funding decisions: Ongoing
Projects considered for funding must address the needs of those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Surrey.
Key Priority: Preventative Measures
- Purchase of personal protective equipment
- Purchase of essential items such as sanitation, hygiene and cleaning supplies
- Purchase of other items that may reduce the spreading or contracting risk and increase the safety of individuals
- Measures that help the safe provision of food services or other necessary services to those who are homeless or at-risk
Key Priority: Staffing Capacity
- Additional staffing to properly respond and/or be as pro-active as possible
Key Priority: Additional Space
- Acquisition of additional space in order to accommodate client self-isolation and/or social distancing protocols
- Acquisition of beds or physical barriers
- Other activities that will reduce overcrowding in shelters
1. Organizations and projects that are eligible for funding include:
- Charitable organizations and registered societies, or for-profit entities that are working in partnership with a charitable organization and have a written agreement.
- Projects addressing issues and gaps related to homelessness and access to housing and that are based in and provide direct benefit to Surrey and Surrey residents.
- Projects that are operating in Surrey.
2. Organizations and projects that are not eligible for funding include:
- Organizations without charitable tax status
- Fundraising activities
- Retroactive funding
- Deficit funding
- Core operational funding
- Ongoing program funding or funding of ongoing operational costs
- Services or facilities that are not in compliance with municipal licensing and zoning requirements
- Activities, equipment or supplies that are already being funded/provided by another funder
The application should:
- Target the priority populations – homeless and at-risk individuals
- Identify other internal and/or external funding contributions – please note stacking is ineligible
- Support the goals and objectives of the Surrey Homelessness & Housing Fund
Please submit the following to Letizia Romei via email at email@example.com:
- Application Form in Word
- Other supporting documents (only if advised by staff)
For any questions, please contact Letizia Romei: firstname.lastname@example.org.